Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Me at the top of the watershed

Josh and I took a hike to the top of our watershed the other day. So many clear cuts, but the up side to that is how far we are able to see in all directions. we were able to see our little valley and all around it! it was quite a site, really made me even more in awe of this beautiful land, and also saddened by all the clear cutting that takes place here. The summer internship ends at the end of this week and Josh leaves to start school early next week, I am so sad to see everyone leave and to feel the summer coming (slowly) to a close. I will really miss Josh when he goes. But I am also looking forward to this abundant fall season and for our fall internship, four weeks of which will be spend going the 100 mild diet. We had a meeting about it tonight and I am sooooooo excited for it! I cant want to eat nothing but what we can get from within 100 miles of us. It looks like we will be eating lots of veg, fruit, meat and dairy. Beans, grains, oils and spices will be harder to get, but we are creative and I think it will be a really powerful experiment and will help us all become more connected to what we eat. at the end of the program we are hosting a gathering called "eat here now" which well be at the end of our month long diet and a harvest feast! I feel like I am learning so much in the garden and am so inspired by what the people around me are doing to help this earth. I am so positive about how much more there is to learn in the coming months!

2 comments:

pitchertaker said...

I have just finished reading Barbara Kingsolver's "Animal, Vegatable,Miracle" you've got to read this book. It is about living a "100-mile diet."

Had lunch with Cade, write me and I'll send you a pic of him.

P'taker

Bridgie said...

that 100 mile diet sounds AMAZING. just looking through all these pics makes me incredibly happy for you. my mollz is in a good place.