Saturday, June 21, 2008


This is a picture from the garden where I live and work. My tent is located off to the side (sweet view, right?!) First week here went by super fast, I just kind of jumped into things here and am starting to get a handle on how things work. This week we pruned the fruit trees, planted all our many verities of tomato's, seeded a ton of beans and weeded everything! There are also chickens, ducks and a rooster named Demetre (who wakes me up in the morning). The garden seems about to explode, we are right on the cusp of being able to harvest a lot of our plants. The summer internship started this week too, so we have quite a full house (16 interns, 3 work-traders, and 8 staff)! we have three communal meals a day 5 days a week. Many fine cooks and lots of yummy food from the garden and other farms near by. We had an amazing dance party in the woods on Wednesday to honor the full moon. I am having a great time exploring cottage grove and the forests around Apro!
love.

4 comments:

Bridgie said...

Oh, how I love Mollyworld!!!! If I were to pick you up and plant you somewhere, that is exactly where i would choose.

pitchertaker said...

I'm kinda' identifying with the garden thing. Currently reading Barbara Kingsolver's "ANIMAL, VEGATABLE, MIRACLE." http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=animal%2C+vegatable%2C+miracle&x=11&y=22
Any Ranier cherries, yet?

Molly said...

sooooo many cherries!! I will think of ya Frank the next time I go picking.

Anonymous said...

DANCE PARTY IN THE WOOOOOOOOOOODDDDSSSSS

AWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO